Monument to the heroes of the Independence War (1877-1878) was built in the center of Azuga, in
1905 in the memory of "8th Dorobanti Regiment from Prahova, which boldly fought the war of
independence and especially the brave sons of the village who died in the battle for freedom of the
The Monument is in front of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Azuga, situated on 54 Victoriei Street.
The church and the monument can be visited free of charge, the outer perimeter of the church being
accessible to the public throughout the day (24h / 24).